About Me

My photo
Surrey, United Kingdom

Thursday 31 December 2009

Looking forward to 2010

It's always interesting to look back at the end of the year and ponder on achievements, disappointments and start thinking about plans for the coming year.
My resolutions for 2009 were:
  • Run a 5k in under 30 mins (and run all of it!)
  • Have a piece of writing published
  • Eat five portions of fruit/veg a day
  • Drink eight glasses of water a day
  • Reduce caffeine and refined sugar intake
  • Be more considerate (includes managing my temper!)
  • Lose three stone
  • Take better care of appearance
  • Be more active
  • Make better use of my free time
  • Write daily (and publish on blog!)
  • To clear my book backlog - buy no new books (although second-hand allowed)
  • Stop hoarding - clear the clutter
My success in achieving these aims is mixed. I haven't improved my fitness or diet in any measurable way. I have only just begun to post regularly on my blog and I have failed to write anything, let alone get anything published. On the other hand, I have made steps towards clearing my backlog of books (although I did crumble a couple of times on buying new books and became a regular in the local charity shops...) and I have become much less of a hoarder. I also think more about what I wear and how I look. So, what should I aim for in 2010? Much remains the same as in 2009 and reviewing this list has actually made me think about what I feel is important and what is not worth worrying about. So, I think I can trim the list a little which will hopefully make it more achievable:
  • Be more active - find an activity I enjoy
  • Eat more healthily - eat to live, not live to eat!
  • Write, write, write - be it blog, general jottings or the start of something more substantial
  • Make more of an effort to keep in touch with friends and family
I'll also be sticking to the 'no new books' resolution. My 'To Be Read' shelf is still groaning with titles awaiting my attention.

Anyway, rather a self-obsessed post, but it has been useful for me to just get some things in focus and I now feel read to face 2010. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment